[Makebelieve] Wren Fic: the Power Of Love (was untitled Monk tagfic) Leland/Monk R

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:28:02 PDT 2008

Fandom: Monk
Pairing: Monk/Leland
Rating: R
up the pieces...only thing is...

The Power of Love
by Various authors

Part 1
by PEJA

Adrian watched as Sherona loaded up the last of her bags into the back of
the car, held back his tears as she kissed his cheek and climbed in taking
the blanket of protection she represented for him away....away forever.

(Its a play on her leaving this next season. I'm kinda curious as to how its
gonna effect Adrian, and the show format in general)

Part 2
by ms_wingstbaa

He silently cured himself for the tears that coursed down his face after her
car became smaller and smaller as Leland put a gentle hand on Adrian's
shoulder.

Part 3
by PEJA

"She'll be back," Adrian said, his quivering smile telling a story of its
own.

part 4
by Tsuta

Leland decided it was best to stay silent, for now. When Sharona had called
him earlier, asking him to come, to be here for Adrian when she'd go, he
didn't hesitate for a moment. He knew that, even though she had prepared
Adrian as best as she could, he would still never understand why she had to
leave him. (By Tsuta)

(sorry, I hope it's not too long! ...when it's finished, could I beta it?)

Part 5
by Olivia

He could understand that Sharona's Mom was very sick and needed Sharona more
than Adrian did, but this seemed to be sort of like the blocks he sometimes
had about things he didn't want to accept, like when Dr. Kroger went on
vacation. He couldn't accept that Sharona wasn't going to come back like she
always had before, at least not for a long while, and this seriously
concerned Leland.

(I hope I didn't mess anything up, I just wanted to clean it up a bit, make
it easier to read. and I hope it's not too long, too.)

Part 6
by Tsuta

"Monk... Adrian, do you need... is there anything I can do?" he blurted out,
when the silence had become unbearable. Adrian was still staring at the
empty street.
"No, he replied, there's nothing you can do. You can go if you want."
Without another word, he went inside and closed his door.

Part 7
by Olivia

Adrian's almost calm behavior seemed like a very bad sign to Leland. He
would have to call Dr. Kroger or look it up to be sure, but Leland suspected
that Adrian was having some form of disociative episode, which probably
meant he should *not* be left alone.

Part 8
by Tsuta

He was in front of the door before realizing he'd moved. He felt nervous,
suddenly. Leland had to admit, he just wasn't that great at comforting
peoples. What in the world could he say to see a little less pain in broken
man's eyes? He took a deep breath and turned the door's handle.

Part 9
by Burtle112263

The second he entered the apartment, he felt the emptiness that Adrian
probably felt everyday. Every places he looked reminded him of the enormous
losses Adrian had repeatedly experienced in his life. Photos of Trudy, and
the little things Sharona had left behind when she so abruptly left. It took
a second to find Monk, who was sitting quietly on his couch. It reminded him
of that day years ago when he had found him in exactly the same place after
Trudy's funeral. That same look of loss and grief was evident on his face.
He knew that Monk was withdrawing into himself. He wasnt about to let that
happen again. With Trudy, he had allowed Adrian to slowly slip into such a
deep grief that he almost lost him. Not this time.

Part 10
by Olivia

"Monk," Leland said, trying to get his attention. When there was no response
from him, he tried again. "Adrian!"

Leland's concern was now laced with a healthy dose of fear; Adrian seemed
completely unaware of his presence. He instinctually reached out for his
friend, gripping his hand and calling his name again.

Adrian's body jerked as if a jolt of electricity has surged through him and
his eyes dropped to Leland's hand wrapped around his where they rested on
his leg. As his eye's rose from their hands to Leland's face, his hand
flipped over quickly to wrap his fingers tightly in Leland's and hold on as
if Leland were an anchor, the only thing keeping him from being swept away
in a rising tide of grief, and anguish.

Part 11
by PEJA

Leland's gaze widened questioningly. Adrian had never, in all the years he
had known him, ever taken a death-grip on another living being. Now it felt
as if his fingers were locked around Leland's hand permanently.

His lungs suddenly screaming for oxygen rammed home the fact that he'd been
holding his breath for the next shoe to fall. And when it came, in the form
of Adrian's other hand reaching out to trace his lower lip, it hit him like
a bullet to the gut.

"Monk..." he tried, his voice high and squeaking.

"I know," Monk assured him, his tongue darting out to lave aridly dry lips.
"I.."

Leland was a deer caught in the headlights as Monk closed the distance
between them as if in slow motion, his dark eyes wide and aware, burning
with a need that Leland had never thought he'd ever see in that beautiful,
haunted gaze.

Leland couldn't have moved away if he had wanted to, and god knew he didn't
want to. He'd dreamt of having Monk...Adrian in his arms like this for so
long. Well, he'd dreamt it a little differently, as in he would be the one
in charge, but to submit to this gentle angel of a man was so much better
than he could have ever imagined.

He moaned deeply as Adrian's lips brushed agaist his so quickly he mght have
convinced himself it was just another dream, but than the lips were back,
and teeth, nibbling at his lower lip.

Leland went boneless in Adrian's arms

Part 12
by PEJA

"Monk," Leland murmured, his hands running over the sleeve of his jacket, up
and down, up and down the strong arm wrapped around him. "Am I dreaming?"
his voice went raspy with desire at just the thought of Adrian wanting him.
"Oh, God if this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up. Just bury me in
the dream and never let it end."

Adrian smiled softly. "I'm real, Leland." His lips pressed warmly against
Leland's neck,his tongue darting out to taste the other man. "Taste so
good."

Leland whimpered. It had to be a dream. Adrian would never....
Adrian's hand moved lower, cupping Leland through his suit pants. "You're
pretty hard, there, Leland." he said with a soft smile in his voice. "got a
confession you'd like to get off your chest?"

Part 13
by Max

It was difficult to speak when the hand of the man he'd wanted for so long,
dreamed about for so long, was suddenly holding him so very intimately.
Leland gulped nervously, sure that his heart was beating so hard that Adrian
must hear it too.

"I ...... Oh God, Monk. I never .... I never thought ......" He melted into
the touch of the other man, as if waiting for instruction. He would do
anything for him. Anything.
end part 13

Part 14
by PEJA

Monk's smile was sad, but so full of love that Leland felt the breath stop
in his lungs.

"I've finally figured something out, Le," Monk said softly. "I ...can stand
everyone leaving. I can. Everyone but you."

"I wouldn't leave..."

"But you would you know. If I can't give you everything you need, you would
have to in time." He leaned forward and pressed a kiss over Leland's neck.
"Funny thing is, I can..with you..I can. No need for a boatload of wipes.
You...I can touch you, taste you, and...it's nice."

"Like Trudy?" Leland whispered.

Monk nodded, smiling again. "Like Trudy."

end part 14

remember guys, this is a tag fic. anyone wanna add the next little
something?

The wwomb archive http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php accepts all
fandoms, all genres. Come create your personal page with us
Need a plot bunny? http://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny/
ready to commit ten minutes a day to writing?