[Makebelieve] Wren Fic: The Rejected Lover Affair 5 (Man From Uncle)

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:56:42 PDT 2008

This story is being written as a wandering wren and possibly a fic tree.
These are similiar to round robins, but instead of having a rotation
structure, these writing devices are more or less, jump when you please. In
other words, if a segment post inspires you to write, you write, and if two
folks write the same part, a second story develops from the branch. I've got
one going for Monk, now I thought I'd add Adventure Inc. and there will be
more, the quiet fandoms, probably first, but as things get rolling, who
knows. Anyone who wants to start a wren of their own, roll it on out,
themore the merrier...and what better way to shake a list out of its stupor
than to have stories pouring in, hey?
that said, I'm posting the wrens I come up with to fandom interested lists
first, then to my multiple fandom lists so I can get a wider range of
authors. I will disperse the parts throughout the lists as they come in, but
that sometimes takes time, so the wrens are being posted to the archive (URL
in sig) as parts come in so you can check there for updates if you would
like at any time.
Oh, and finally. You don't have to wait for someone to post before you send
a second post. If a second bit hits you after you have posted, feel free to
add your additional part. For those of you who want to try your hand at
writing but have never felt comfortable in turning out a fullout story, this
would be the perfect oppportunity for you to dip your toe. we're just having
fun. Remember, no rules or structure. If you want to do a single person
response (RPG) bit, its all good. the idea is to make a story. little bits
or large scenes, its all good

The Rejected Lover Affair (was Misplaced)
by round robin authors

Fandom: Man From UNCLE
Pairing/Characters: Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn), Illya Kuryakin (David
McCallum) and Alexander Waverly (Leo G. Carroll)
Portrayed by: above
Category: Hetero, slash A Wandering Wren. this is a story that anyone can
add to at any tme. Please consider adding a part.
Rating: FRT13
Spoilers: not as yet
Series/Sequel: no
Brief Summary: One of the agents is....misplaced
Warnings: abuse under the disguise of BDSM, torture, angst
Notes/acknowledgments: written to bring attention to the new
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ManFromUNCLE_Fantasies list
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs
in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
Disclaimers: MfU belongs to its creator. The story comes frm the minds and
souls of the writers.
Archive: on makebelieve
Note: the name of this wren has been changed cuz it was brought to my
attention that there is aother MU fic being written with a very similiar
name so avoid confusion... the new name was suggested by Nei, who also gave
a better direction for the wren

Part 5
by PEJA

The package arrived as those things do, in the middle of the night, heralded
by an ominous knock on Napoleon's door.

Napoleon scrambled to answer that knock, only to find the manila envelope
propped against the door. Instinct demended that he rip it open, but the
agent in him clamped a vise strong control on that impulse. He gingerly
picked up the envelope, jeering at the caution when it occured to him that
if the package were a delicately balanced bomb, it would have gone off when
it had dropped on his toes.

In any event, he was still careful when he slipped a sharp blade under the
flap and sliced the stiff papper open ever so slowly. With equal are, he
slipped a finger inside and peered in through that tiny slit.

At last satisfied that the contents weren't going to go off, he tipped the
envelope over a counter, watching as several pictures and a DVD spilled out.
Another glance inside and he coaxed out the folded note that had resisted
the tumble out.

****

Illya's back throbbed, even through the drug-induced haze that never seemed
to ease. Well, no surprise in that. Beinga doctor, Paul had the contacts to
get whatever drugs he might want and the knowledge he needed to subdue his
captive without bringing him harm. Being a sadist at heart, though, Paul
knew exactly how to bring Illya to a crippling, mind-numbing edge of agony
without leaving a mark.

The agent had faced death without flinching.

But here. Now. Knowing Paul had no intention of letting death take him.
Knowing Paul wold spend a lifetime punshing him for what he considered an
insult to his soul.....Illya felt fear now.

end part 5

***

Okay MfU authors, or even those who just wannabe, how about adding a few
lines.

oh and remember to come play on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ManFromUNCLE_Fantasies would love to see some
stories to christen the list from you all as well.

Feedback would be nice, guys...let us know what you think

The wwomb archive http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php accepts all
fandoms, all genres. Come create your personal page with us
Need a plot bunny? http://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny/
ready to commit ten minutes a day to writing?