[FFML] [Fanfic][SM Fusion][1st Draft] MMSS Chapter 5 - Meltdown

DB Sommer sommert at connecttime.net
Mon Dec 7 19:58:59 PST 2009

StudioPC wrote:

>Disclaimer: Not mine, not making money.
>

>But then the freak came. With her blue eyes and cute hair and well
>mannered

% well-mannered

> and clear skin to screw her out of her top spot. How dare
>she? How dare anyone?
>
>Nostrils flared, eyes fixed on the wall, teeth bared.
>
>Freaks. They were all freaks. Didn't deserve to be out with the normal
>people. Why couldn't they just die?
>
>Better yet, she oughta just kill them. Kill them all. Yeah. She could
>have killed the freak the other day if that oversized dyke hadn't
>showed up. She hadn't been thinking about it then, but now that she
>did, she just knew that she could have killed the freak and no one
>would have stopped her. Then all the freaks would see what happened
>when you didn't know your place.
>
>She'd show them. Show them all. Kill the freak. Kill all the freaks.
>
>She'd be a hero.
>
>The razor sank deeper and deeper into her flesh and she felt no
>pain . . .

% My, what dementia. Ripe for the plucking.

>-------------------
>
>Usagi had a gift; She could control minds.
>
>Or at least, that was the only explanation Artemis could come up with
>as to why he was accompanying them on a day out on the town. Ami had
>come too, and she looked around nervously, her arm caught in Usagi's
>death grip since it looked like she might bolt otherwise.
>
>Also in the group was Mamoru, Rei's boyfriend, who looked slightly
>uncomfortable at being surrounded by giggling girls.

% That means he's straight. Straight guys never feel comfortable around
giggling girls. It's like fish trying to live in the desert: just not
the right environment for his kind.

> Well, except for
>Ami, who was white with terror, and Makoto. Makoto did not giggle.
>Makoto was dressed in a sleeveless blouse and well-worn jeans with
>battered sneakers.
>
>"So why did you come along?" Artemis asked her. He had yet to figure
>Makoto out. No one could be that laid back.

% Bull. You need to hang out with more stoners, dude. :)

>For a moment, Artemis was twelve years old again, walking down
>Nebertou Street with his parents. The sunlight glinted off the bronze
>and crystal buildings and the air smelled sweet and clear. There had
>been just as many vehicles in Cear Edoton as there was in Tokyo, but
>Cear Edoton's vehicles used fusion micro-batteries for power, which
>didn't stink up the air as much as the internal combustion engine did.

% Should have used Shuzuma Drives. The perfected kind, not the ones that
eat up all the oxygen.

>Artemis keyed his com twice as an acknowledgement as they reached the
>alley and slipped in. "Ready?" He asked. "It's morphin time!"

% I will never get used to that battle cry.

>-----------------
>
>Beryl sat on her throne and watched her mirror as it showed her the

% can drop the 'her'. It's unnecessary.

>"I see standards have fallen," Taras observed. "In my day, a duel was
>begun properly, with honor and respect, not interrogation."
>
>"I don't bother with honor when it comes to murderers," Artemis
>growled back. "King-Emperor Naron should have had you executed, not
>imprisoned."

% True. Dead people rarely come back to be problems, like this fellow.

>'
>"Wooohoooo!" Minako cheered. "Okay, so like what now? Flanking
>maneuver? Strategic hit and move? Are we going to make a giant robot?
>Ohpleasesaywe'regonnamakeagiantrobot!Please!"

% heheh

>"
>Water erupted from buildings and streets alike, turning red and
>boiling as it coated Ami's Zord like a second skin. The eyes of the
>Zord blazed with a white-hot light and the blue was changing to red.
>
>"Never asked for this! Just wanted to do the right thing!" Ami howled.
>
>"Oh, this is delicious," Taras praised, "she'll do all my work for me
>at this rate."

% Oops. Shouldn't have attracted her attention like that

>On the screen, Ami's energy readings continued to climb.
>
>----------------------
>
>In her throne room, Beryl stared at her mirror, open-mouthed. At the
>edges of her awareness, she was aware of her generals doing the same
>and she cared little. Here on the moon, she could feel the blue one's
>rage. It boiled out from earth in waves, sending delicious shudders
>through her body.
>
>She was so caught up in it, she failed to notice something else
>happening, a flicker of awakening, somewhere in Tokyo.
>
>------------------------
>
>It wanted more. More. This was what it thrived on. Fed on.
>
>Greedily, it feasted as much as it could before the bindings pushed it
>back into sleep.
>
>But a flicker of awareness remained, and that small flicker, a tiny
>ember, went to work.
>
>No matter how long it took, it would be free once more.

% Oops.

>"Excuse me?" Usagi asked, eyes narrowing. "Excuse me? I do not act
>like Queen of the Moon People and even if I did, that's still better
>

>than you, the current Empress of Planet Oak Tree Rammed Up Your Ass!"

% Heh

>"Extortion! Money Laundering! She likes country music."
>
>"She's not an ex anything, money gets dirty if you drop it on the
>ground . . . and okay, the country music thing is kind of weird, but
>she's not a bad person!"

% Heh

>Serenity glared at him for the longest time and then exhaled noisily.
>"Oh very well! You may invoke Section Six."
>
>Rei blinked. "Section Six?"

% Ooo. Sounds fun. Can't wait. NIce job.

DB Sommer