[FFML] [story idea/speculation][Sailor Moon/Urusei Yatsura]

Paul Durant 031537 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 23:56:14 PDT 2008

Even assuming your premise is true... so what? He's writing fanfic
anyway, why assume he's bound to keep everyone's power levels so
drastically different? It probably requires him to pay a hell of a lot
more attention to power levels than Takahashi did in the first place.
And to what purpose -- enforcing one series' supremacy as better than
another?

Power level discussions are fanwank and they're pointless. If he wants
Sailor Neptune to pose a credible threat to Oyuki, he can discreetly
tone down Oyuki's implied/informed power level, and tone up the
Senshi's, with little to no impact on the credibility of the story. And
then, he can HAVE a story, instead of having a comedy character with
whatever powers would be funny or plot-advancing at the moment run
totally roughshod over a character that's at least half to
three-quarters serious.