[FFML] [story idea/speculation][Sailor Moon/Urusei Yatsura]

Larry F lwf58 at cvalley.net
Sun Jun 15 20:31:50 PDT 2008

Steffan wrote:
> I apologize for the use of the bandwidth, and I'm sure someone else has
> already thought of this.
>
> However....
>
> In UY, Oyuki is princess of Neptune.
>
> In SM, Michiru is senshi and princess of Neptune.
>
> Ya think there might be a bit of a conflict brewing here?

    Not as much as you'd think. The Sailor Senshi wouldn't stand a
snowball's chance, so to speak.

    First off, when Oyuki gets even mildly upset, her /friends/ dive for
the nearest cover as fast as they can run. That's because she has a bag
of lethal ice and snow based attacks that Ami can only dream of. This
was demonstrated in a story in which one of the sacred lemmings of
Neptune got loose and caused mischief. In expressing her displeasure at
the creature, Oyuki came very close to doing serious harm to the others
without even noticing - it's one of the few times you ever see Benten
running for dear life. Oyuki can also create gates to Neptune pretty
much at will, creating mini ice-ages in the area around them and turning
the terrain to her advantage.

    Couple that with the fact that Lum and Benten are /real/ crown
princesses - not princesses in name only, like the Senshi - of very real
space empires. They can and do whistle up armies and fleets of warcraft
purely on a whim. So can Mendou, for that matter, and he's perfectly
willing to do so to defend Lum's honor. Both girls are also the heirs of
rulers of militaristic societies, and are no slouches when it comes to
combat themselves. They typically have a sizable arsenal of personal
weapons in easy reach at any given time.

    With that arrayed against the Sailors, you can kiss the possibility
of Crystal Tokyo a fond farewell if they ever come into conflict with
the Tomobiki crew. The mayhem the aliens can cause is on a completely
different level, and nothing the Senshi faced in their entire series
could prepare them for it.