[FFML] [story idea/speculation][Sailor Moon/Urusei Yatsura]

Steffan res1hhv1 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 15 15:50:40 PDT 2008

I apologize for the use of the bandwidth, and I'm sure someone else has
already thought of this.

However....

In UY, Oyuki is princess of Neptune.

In SM, Michiru is senshi and princess of Neptune.

Oyuki likes Neptune the way it is now.  Frigid, dim, lots of snow and
ice.   In the manga, her palace, IIRC, is made of ice.

When the magic is restored in Crystal Tokyo, Neptune (from all accounts)
will be terraformed.  Blue skies, warmth, lots of green plants.

Ya think there might be a bit of a conflict brewing here?

This could be either a slapstick comedy or a battle royal, featuring the
Pretty Soldiers of Love and Justice on one side, "Those Obnoxious
Aliens" on the other, and the students of Tomobiki HS smack in the
middle.  I can easily see Ataru and Mendou hitting on (and being hit by)
pretty girls on both sides of the conflict.... though Venus and Jupiter
might not try to *harm* Mendou (to the ire of his female classmates).

Lum might be conflicted; these are her friends, but she's been on Earth
long enough to recognize the Senshi.  Would she side with her friends,
or with her adopted home?  Or would she spend all of her time zapping
Ataru for trying to hit on the Senshi?  And considering how similar
Lum's Divine Retribution is to Jupiter's Supreme Thunder, would their
attacks even affect each other?

And given Oyuki and her people's affinity for cold, their attack could
even trigger the Great Freeze.  This is a plot point that might be worth
considering.

Anyone who cares to use this idea as the seed of a story is welcome to it.

--Steffan