[FFML] [AZD/FMP][Shortfic]Azumetal Panic!

DB Sommer sommert at connecttime.net
Thu Jun 12 20:40:02 PDT 2008

% Oh, this combo can't be good.

Bert Miller wrote:

>Azumetal Panic!
>  An Azumanga Daioh fanfic
>      by hkmiller
>        10 June 2008 - FFML draft
>
>The characters of Azumanga Daioh were created by Kiyohiko Azuma
>and are copyrighted by ADV Manga in the United States.
>
>The situations of Full Metal Panic! were created by Shouji Gatou.
>No disrespect intended by my unlicensed usage.
>
>- - - - - - - - - -
>  ~~ Lost ~~
>
>"Where do you think we are?" Kaorin asked in a low voice, licking
>her lips nervously.
>
>Most of the students in the plane were by now aware that something
>was wrong.  The plane on which they were supposed to be flying to
>Okinawa was instead sitting on an airstrip in a inland mountainous
>region.  At least three different schools' class trips seemed to
>be present on the plane

% Okay, I see when we're picking this up.

>.
>
>Osaka pressed her face against the airplane window, looking out at
>the paved airstrip on which their plane sat, dotted with armed
>soldiers, tanks, and what looked like large mecha, all aiming
>weapons at the plane.  "What kind of food do they have here?  Are
>their local specialities like in Okinawa?"

% Of course. There's always foods the natives won't eat, so they pass
them off on tourists as 'local delicacies.' :)

>- - - - - - - - - -
>  ~~ Lust ~~

% Cute.

>"Oooo!  Who's that dreamy-looking guy!?" Yukari exclaimed, nudging
>Nyamo with her elbow.  A dozen rows in front of them and in the
>other aisle, a man in a suit was holding a gun pointed at a
>teacher from another school, saying he wanted to use the girl to
>make a hostage video.
>
>"The confident way he holds his gun!  The casual way he skipped
>shaving this morning!  That arrogant sneer on his face!  I'm
>getting hot just looking at him!" Yukari moaned, hearts in her
>eyes.

% That's just... beautiful, man.

>Just then, a crackly radio voice came clearly to them from the
>other side of the crates.  "Sir, Rhostov just ran over one of
>those big cats just outside the main gate.  He's insisting on a
>veterinarian.  Apparently it's still alive."

% That'll get Sakaki in gear.

>Sakaki said nothing, but knelt down and held out her arms.  With
>her last strength, the dying mother cat nudged her kitten towards
>Sakaki's arms with her nose.  Sakaki cuddled the kitten, who,
>unusually for a cat in Sakaki's experience, showed no signs of
>wanting to bite Sakaki's hand.

% Hmm. Seems like a familiar scene.

>Chiyo-chan nodded to herself as if a long-held suspicion had
>just been confirmed.

% Heh. Tessa Jr, I guess

>"No, that's canceled," Chiyo-chan said, giving Tomo a funny look.
>"Our parents want us home safe again after we've been held
>hostage by terrorists.  Does that surprise you?"
>
>"Well, yeah, kinda," Tomo replied.  "I mean, Okinawa!"

% Heh

>% Amusing piece, more sublime in nature, though with the option of having more, methinks. Nice enjoyable work.

DB Sommer