[FFML] [SM/Marvel][Draft 1] The Age of Marvels Chapter 1

DB Sommer sommert at connecttime.net
Mon Jun 9 11:41:12 PDT 2008

StudioPC wrote:

>This is the sequel to the Amazing Spiderwoman. Enjoy.

% Excellent. I enjoyed that one. Also reading these makes me want to do
more Avenging.

>Disclaimer: I make no claim to any copyrighted characters.

>David Banterman, alias Bruce Banner,

% Who now bears a remarkable resemblence to Ed Norton rather than Eric Bana.

> alias The Incredible Hulk,
>pulled experimentally at the chains attached to the cuffs around his
>wrists, listening to the clink.
>
>Adamantium.

% Goodie. A substance even he can't break. Now adamantium steel on the
other hand he can break after several shots.

>"That's your answer for everything, isn't it?"
>
>"It's worked so far."

% Heh. Good old Usagi.

>Banner growled and pulled on the chains again.

% Must want them alilve and intact. Well, Hulkie has a healing factor,
so crippling wouldn't work, but they could pull a 'Griffen' and
hamstring Usagi's legs and do the same to her arms. if the plan is to
keep her there for life.

>"Hey, Flash?" Usagi asked, laying the glass rod aside, "what do you
>think it would be like to kiss somebody with no nose?"

% There are a number of mutants like that.

>Smash Ami . . .

% That could get messy, all right.

>"There are no more lessons, Ami," Bruce Banner said, squeezing her
>shoulder, "I've nothing left to teach you." He smiled at her. "Head
>outside."

% Considering the Hulk has never been the hand to hand expert, it is
disturbing seeing him helping her this way.

>As they walked towards the door, he considered his words. It was
>true, he'd nothing left to teach her, but he hadn't had much to begin
>with. He had every confidence in her ability to deal with opponents
>built like himself, and over the past two years, she had proven she
>could deal with most of the usual scum that infested Tokyo's streets
>with little trouble. But she was far from fully trained.

% Yeah, working as a certain type of foe would help. Also depends on how
many villains you have opertaing in the world. I plan on one part in
Avenging mentioning there are fifteen different super powered being
operating with the name 'Smasher'. in the world, all of them varying
degrees of super strength and invulnerability. :)

>"Colonel, these days," Fury replied. "You've been asleep a while."
>
>Rogers processed this. "How long?"
>
>A pair of jeans landed on Rogers' lap. "You'll find shoes under the
>bed," Fury told him. "Let's take a walk."

% Heh. A late awakening, I see.

>"The explosion was over sixty years ago," he told Rogers. "We invaded
>Germany in June of forty-four and clawed our way into Berlin, only to
>find Hitler had committed suicide rather than be captured.

% Hmm. It should have been 'Your old buddy, the Human Torch, roasted him
alive, but officially it was suicide. And oh by the way, his brain had
been transferred by this nutjob called Arnim Zola and Hitler's mentality
has been bouncing around from body to body using the designation 'Hate
Monger'.'

>Rogers nodded. "Vaguely. Bucky and I helped a German physicist defect
>and one of the generals we delivered him too mentioned the name." He
>sucked in his breath as it hit him. "What about Bucky? Where is he?"

% Supposedly a russian assassin cyborg. I'm praying any day now one of
the writers kills that storyline faster than the hideious spider clone
saga.

>"We'd like to know that ourselves. Best guess is that between the
>force of the explosion, the shock of the water and the serum, you
>went into suspended animation.

% It should die like the idiotic time they implied Cap was thawed in the
50's then by pure chance got refrozen in the exact same way (Red
Skull/Corporation I plot involving planted memories, as I recall'

>---------------------------
>
>11 Months ago . . .
>
>For once, Tony Stark wasn't drunk. Not even slightly intoxicated. In
>fact, as near as Julia Carpenter could tell, he was stone cold sober.
>It was a first.

% Spider Woman II at his side here. Interesting.

>In a way, it was even more worrisome then

% than

>"Now," Stark said with a smile, leaning on his cane. "You may be
>wondering how I can make these promises. Surely even the most modern
>construction machines and methods aren't that good. And you're right.
>They aren't. But at Stark Enterprises, we're about solutions and
>building the future. In order to accomplish these goals. Stark
>Enterprises has constructed a new type of system, operable by one
>person, and allows them to do the work of a crane, cement mixer,
>welder, riveter, and basic carpenter." He paused. "We could have made
>it look like anything, but, and I hope you'll forgive us, but once
>Japan was selected as the primary site, we couldn't help ourselves.
>Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, THE VULCAN!"

% Amazingly, only one non god villain had that name and he only made one
apperance. He wasn't original, but he was also no 'Wrench' or
'Steepljack' I or II.

>The backdrop fell away, revealing a three-story tall rounded
>rectangle with arms and legs and the murmurs burst into an excited
>roar. It was a mecha, an honest to god, mecha.

% Obviously Bolivar Trask's Sentinals weren't built or at least made a
public appearance so far.

>"Thank you, Iron Man," Tony said and brushed at his tie. "I've cut
>all ties with the military, friend," he laid no particular emphasis
>on the last word, but there was no mistaking the ice in his tone. "So
>secrets or no, I've got nothing to say to you."
>
>"Oh, but this isn't about you, Stark," the eyepatched man replied.
>"It's about your red and gold alter-ego standing there at your
>shoulder. Nice A.I. by the way. If I didn't know better, I'd swear
>there really was someone inside that metal tuxedo."

% That probably is bad. Historically all of Tony's forays into AI's
end... badly.

>wake up call." He tapped his cane on the ground. "You know Fury long?"
>
>Rogers looked at him. "I knew him sixty years ago, Mr. Stark. I
>fought alongside him and his squad several times during the war. He
>hasn't aged at all."
>

>"That's a neat trick,"

% Infinity Formula, actually.

> % Very nice beginning. I look forward to more.

DB Sommer