[FFML] [C&C] Re: [Death Note/?] Things Left Unwritten

DB Sommer sommert at connecttime.net
Sat Jun 7 08:11:53 PDT 2008

Aaron Nowack wrote:

>DB Sommer wrote:
>

>>A shortfic featuring Death Note and, well, you’ll see what it is.
>>

>Mystery crossovers are always exciting.

Assuming one has actually read/seen the mystery series. :)

>>Standard disclaimer in that I do not own any of the following characters.
>>

>Standard C&C Disclaimer:  All the below is my only occasionally useful
>humble opinion, my only occasionally correct grammatical and spelling
>corrections, and/or my only occasionally funny humor.

% Got it.

>>And…
>>
>>Then…
>>
>>There…
>>
>>Was…
>>
>>Light.

% I sort of wondered if the Light thing would make people think Yagami
rather than bulb.

>>Coming from a one hundred watt bulb in the ceiling of what appeared to
>>be a standard Japanese apartment.
>>

>Hmm... Gantz?

% Good call. Gantz is one of those oddball series that has incredibly
bizarre things happen to mundane people and they are drawn randomly.
Meaning almost anything can be combined crossovered with it. Come to
think of it, I've crossovered two other series with Death Note as well.
Odd, as it's mostly self-contained and ends about as conclusively as you
can get.

>>Oh yes, and there was a large black orb resting in the center of the
>>room. That was certainly out of place. No markings on the surface gave
>>any indication of its purpose. That was the real anomaly in this room.
>>

>Yeah, Gantz.
>

>>“The train. Kei and I were trying to outrun… what the hell is that?” he
>>asked, in reference the beam that was creating a second person.
>>
>>A pity the laser had distracted him. Still, L had more information.
>>‘Trying to outrun a train’ rarely met with success. Sudden death, no doubt.
>>

>Hah.

% That was one of those things you stumble upon as you write and it's
too good to pass up.

>>L offered his shirt to ‘Suicide Girl’, hoping it would head off the
>>potential mess. No, even as the others talked with the girl, trying to
>>make sense of things, the thug rose up to his feet with only one thing
>>on his mind. L knew talking would be useless, so the moment the thug got
>>into range, L gave him a hard kick into the crotch, one that would have
>>the man pissing blood for days.
>>
>>“Now you don’t have any urges to give in to,” L said.
>>

>Nice.

% Thanks. While L's not violent by nature, I figured he'd do this for
speed's sake.

>>Everyone looked at one another in indecision, even the thug, who was
>>just rising to his feet, tears in his eyes. The Key broke the silent
>>deadlock by grabbing weapons, the others following suit. That settled
>>it. L had been made de facto leader to all but the previous participant,
>>and he was sure that would change in time.
>>
>>The Key was no Light Yagami.
>>

>*snrk* No, from my memories of the portions of Death Note and Gantz I've
>read, he most definitely isn't.

Nishi 'the Prick', was my personal nickname for him. Like some in Gantz,
while he didn't last long, he is getting a second chance.

>>Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>[Writer’s notes: Just an interesting postulation. And you just know L
>>would actually be able to do what no one, including the creators, have
>>been able to accomplish so far in figuring out the mystery behind Gantz.
>>

>Heh.  I'd read it.

% Ditto. Was up to 270 or so, the first field action of the 'Apocolypse
Arc'.

>So, not much in the way of useful comments from me, but I quite enjoyed
>this.  A good idea nicely told.

% At this point any feedback is appreciated since it's been so long
since i've posted to the list. So it is much appreciated.

DB Sommer