[FFML] [fanfic][Sailormoon] Moonshadow, chapter 13 (first draft)

Robin Page pagerd at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 8 15:54:45 PST 2008

>>> First, it's "blond" (no e) when referring to guys, IIRC.

>> I really do need to check that--I've been doing it the other way around, and
>> I *think* I'm right, but...I really do need to verify that.

Aaron Nowack
>My understanding is that "blond" is gender-neutral, but "blonde" is
>technically only used when referring to women.  (Although, I think in
>modern common usage both spellings are gender-neutral.)

With words borrowed from the French language, the terminal "e" usually makes it feminine.

Fiancé is male: Ranma is Akane's fiancé.
Fiancée is female: Akane is Ranma's fiancée.

 From google define: blond

A person of fair skin and fair hair (usually spelled "blonde" when referring to a woman); A pale golden brown colour; Of a bleached, or pale golden colour; Of a blond complexion (referring to a person)
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/blond

escribes men: Sean was not a natural blond. This distinction is not necessary though: blond is now generally accepted for both men and women.
http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/confused_words_b.html

Robin